• the hauntingly realistic setting
• it doesn’t shy away from difficult subjects like depression and suicide which gives accurate representation for those who suffer mentally (including those ‘left behind’ )
• the drama is gripping as well as incredibly emotional
• the portrayal of different family units cuts through you
• the main character identifies as gay which is another HUGE WIN for representation
• and it genuinely messes with your head trying to find the line between innocence and evil, what is right and what is wrong
Save this show! And if you haven’t already seen it, put it on your to-watch list!
but i really should go to sleep
mini's art tag
my dress up game obsession is turning out to be quite useful with this
i’m having a lot of fun with this
Located in deep in the Guilin mountains, shrouded in mist and frequented by dragons that live in the multitude of winding rivers, the students of the Chinese Institute of Magic don their colourful wizarding garbs every September 1st for their return to school whereupon they are treated to spectacular opening festivities involving, but not limited to: choreographed martial arts performances from their combat professors, an assortment of acrobatic wonders, and “Mystery Mooncakes” specially made for the mid-autumn festival.
INSTEAD OF QUIDDITCH: FLYING DRAGON BOAT RACES TAUGHT BY (SPECTRAL) NOTORIOUS PIRATE QUEEN CHING SHIH.
THE SCHOOL UNIFORM DATES ALL THE WAY BACK TO THE HAN DYNASTY ROBES, AND ALL THE TEACHERS ARE GHOSTS/FAMOUS HISTORICAL GREATS
ADVANCED CHARMS IS ANCIENT MAGICAL SPELLS USING TRADITIONAL CHARACTER FORMATIONS (AND THE AGONY OF REMEMBERING THE RIGHT ORDER OF BRUSH STROKES)
CARE OF MAGICAL CREATURES IS RAISING DRAGONS AND PHOENIXES AND HUMANELY(USING MAGIC) USING TIGER AND TORTOISE FOR MEDICINE. CHINESE MEDICINAL LORE IS WRAPPED INTO POTIONS CLASSES.
THE ENTIRE MOUNTAIN RANGE IS THE SCHOOL CAMPUS AND ADVANCED STUDENTS HAVE ENCHANTED CLOUDS TO TRAVEL ON.
THE HOUSE OF THE DRAGON’S DORMS ARE IN THE GREAT CAVERNS UNDER THE MOUNTAINS. (OR THE HOUSES WERE THE ELEMENTS? BC EVERYONE IS A MOFO DRAGON YO)
THERE’S A SUMMER CAMPUS (BC YOU KNOW WE OPT TO GO TO SCHOOL IN SUMMER) AT THE JIU ZHAI GOU VALLEY IN SICHUAN.
ADVANCED STUDIES ARE CONDUCTED BEI-DA UNIVERSITY UNDER THE GUISE OF “MA/PHD IN CHINESE LANGUAGE/LITERATURE” (CHARMS); “MS/PHD IN BIO/CHEM/RESEARCH” (POTIONS); “JD” (HISTORY OF MAGIC AND GOVERNMENT/MAGISTRATE - YOU GOTTA BE BOTH OKAY); “MS/PHD IN ENGINEERING” (TRANSFIGURATION).
THE GOVERNMENT OPERATES
(All classes are taught in Chinese as it embraces the most ancient of character magic but entrance does not discriminate if you can learn Chinese!)
friendly reminder that Harry Potter
- at eleven, was described by his teachers as ‘bright’
- at the same age, according to the Sorting Hat: “Not a bad mind, either. There’s talent, oh my goodness, yes” and “You could be great, you know, it’s all here in your head”
- mastered the challenging Patronus Charm at thirteen and proceeded to teach it at fifteen
- resisted the Imperius Curse at fourteen and soon learned to throw it off completely, even when cast by the incredibly powerful Voldemort
- also at fourteen, learned to cast a powerful Accio Charm
- at fifteen, was training other students
- at the same age, under extreme stress, tested as ‘exceeds expectations’ or ‘outstanding’ in every subject that required actual magic (including the dreaded Potions)
- same age, cast a briefly effective Cruciatus Curse
- at sixteen, became a star Potions student simply by following superior instructions
- at seventeen, successfully cast the Imperius Curse on his first try, and used it repeatedly
- at the same age, cast a successful Cruciatus Curse
#god almighty!!!!!! #this post??? is e v e r y t h i n g #it addresses all of my pet peeves in fandom regarding harry #people refuse to acknowledge how bright and talented harry really is #its such a joke tbh #they point to his average academics as if that is a true measure of intelligence #all the while disregarding the stressful situations he’s put in and horrible teachers that hinder his learning #people have adopted snapes mentality when judging harrys intelligence and its utterly belittling #snape purposely gives shitty instructions and literally fucking sabotages harrys work in his class #and puts him in a fake remedial potions class to humiliate him in front of his peers #and fandom? they gobble it up and laugh about how shitty harry is at potions #but when harry gets legitimately good instructions from snapes old textbook for the first time in his potions career #under a teacher who is not abusive but actually encouraging? #he fucking thrives #snape had been keeping innovational and helpful potions instructions from his students for YEARS #so apart from being a shitty person he was also a shitty teacher #anyways~ #harry is extremely bright and talented and powerful for his age #love and forgiveness were not his only ~powers~ #or the reason he survived so long #ty for this gr9 post op (via ginevvra)
two robots who are girlfriends and one is super high tech and the other is kind of a cheap poorly made model and shes really self conscious compared to her shiny new state of the art girlfriend but the high tech girlfriend is like shhshhshh no baby ur adorable glitches and faulty parts and all
So basically lesbian wall.e?
I LIKE THE WAY YOU THINK YOU’RE HIRED
One of my favourite things about Harry Potter is that Harry is such an unreliable narrator, not because he’s lying, but because he was so oblivious, just about anything could be going on under his nose and he wouldn’t even notice. It’s great because it supports basically every headcanon. Like, no, Harry would not have noticed if Sirius and Remus were dating, I know he’s The Chosen One but he’s about as perceptive as a pile of bricks.